On Friday we spent the day in the city. We took a few of our own bikes on the "el" and rented two tandem bikes. We rode along the lake front from Millennium Park to North Beach and then back down south past the Shedd Aquarium. We did alright on the tandem's until I decided that my mom and I should ride through this water fountain at Navy Pier. Oops. The ground was a little slick and our tires were pretty bald...we toppled over sideways. We suffered a few bruises, but the cool-down from the fountain was certainly worth it on that hot summer day. We spent that afternoon at the beach on Lake Michigan and then rode our bikes to the nearest Giordano's for dinner. Mmmm, Chicago Pizza.


Oh, yeah...we had Jamba Juice.

Saturday Jess, Dad and I did our long run of 16 miles. We were quite tired the rest of the day, so we didn't do too much until heading out to the theater to see THE DARK KNIGHT. Although it was a creepy and dark movie, it was really well done and I liked it a lot.
I finished out the weekend at Megan Rossi's bridal shower! She is my good friend from high school and I will be a bridesmaid in her wedding in September. It was wonderful to be there and see her for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment