Tuesday, May 13, 2008

after a long blogging hiatus...

Mom and Dad Hoekstra trekked out to Canton for Mother's Day weekend! It was a quick getaway, so we were sure to fit many fun things in a very short period of time. Dad and John dominated on the disc golf course. We played a couple games of Settler's, did a bit of geocaching, and had a great dinner at Main Street Grille. Oh, yeah...and there was ICE CREAM a-plenty! Thanks so much Mom and Dad for visiting...we love you!

John has finished up his school year and is looking forward to a change of pace for the summer. Although we still have summer residents in our building, John is not directly responsible for them. He will be picking up a part-time job as a driving instructor! Should be a good time...

My job is still going well. I am currently in the process of completing my applications for PA school. These programs start in the summer or fall of 2009. Our destination will be somewhere between Maine and Oregon. :) I am quite intimidated by the competitiveness of the application process...I trust that our destination for next year will be revealed to us at the appropriate time!

That's all for now! Have a wonderful week.

LJB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah and John: It was great to see you guys! We love and miss you lots. I am glad the school year is over for you guys-now you can relax a little and breath deeply because you have one year behind you!
Love-Steph Winslow